About Us - Welcome to the Veterans Health Library (VHL)
Developed under the guidance of National Center of Health Promotion and Disease Prevention’s Veterans Health Education and Information Program, the VHL offers Veterans, family members, and caregivers 24/7 access to comprehensive, consistent, Veteran-focused health information, no matter where the Veteran receives care. Available online at http://www.veteranshealthlibrary.org or via My HealtheVet at http://www.myhealth.va.gov, the VHL:
- Provides information that’s been approved by VA experts
- Is designed to be easy for Veterans to use and understand
- Features Veteran-specific health topics, like posttraumatic stress disorder (PTSD), Agent Orange and combat-related traumatic brain injury
- Has been improved with testing and feedback from Veterans, family members, and health care providers
- Is available anywhere there is Internet access
The Library brings together many resources to help Veterans and their families understand and manage health problems. It also helps them communicate and share decisions about their health with their health care team, and stay well and well-informed. Additionally, VA clinical staff can use the VHL to better educate their patients.
The Library includes:
- Over 1,500 printable health sheets, in both English and Spanish
- More than 150 videos
- Online workbooks that contain text, audio, and graphics
In the future, VA plans to review and update the VHL on a regular basis, and to develop new information as needed.
Click here to access The Veterans Health Library: http://www.veteranshealthlibrary.org
Author: StayWell Custom Communications